Senior Analytical Chemist
|Location||Berkshire, UK, Compton|
|To apply click here or send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
SENIOR ANALYTICAL CHEMIST
Carbosynth is a growing entrepreneurial company providing R & D quantities of carbohydrates, nucleosides and niche fine chemicals to an international life science community. We are currently seeking an experienced analytical chemist to join a small QC team located in Compton, Berkshire, UK.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing a range of routine QC analysis on raw materials and finished products as well as developing and validating new methods. You will be familiar with a broad range of analytical techniques with an in-depth knowledge of HPLC, UPLC, Dionex and LC-MS and knowledge of NMR an advantage. You will also be able to demonstrate experience of successfully running laboratory projects to develop and validate methods.
The maintenance of appropriate documentation such as QC records and lab notebooks in line with good practice and the company’s SOPs is essential. You will have a good understanding of and comply with good laboratory housekeeping and safety practices.
This role also has some responsibility for conducting scheduled preventive maintenance and calibration of analytical equipment. You will also undertake related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
· Good BSc or higher degree in analytical chemistry, chemistry or biochemistry
· Approximately 7 years’ experience in an analytical chemistry laboratory
· Experience in the use of HPLC, UPLC, TLC, Dionex, NMR and IR.
· Good at developing method for HPLC and validation of HPLC method.
· Trouble shooting of the analytical equipment like HPLC, UPLC, KF, Auto titrator etc..
· Experience in the preparation of appropriate supporting documentation
· Write and review of analytical report
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Proven line management experience
· Self-motivated, well organized and pro-active learner
· Experience in equipment requalification, calibration, servicing etc.
Experience in other analytical techniques such as GC, titration, LOD and experience of working in a fast paced analytical environment is also desirable.
Competitive salary offered
Apply online, send your CV or for more information contact:
8 & 9 Old Station Business Park
Please fill in your contact details and upload your CV and cover letter below,
or send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.