Synthetic Chemistry Team Leader
|Location||Berkshire, UK, Compton|
|To apply click here or send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.|
Job title: Synthetic Chemistry Team Leader
Biosynth Carbosynth is a global supplier of chemicals to a wide range of businesses including pharmaceutical, life science and diagnostic sectors. We specialise in carbohydrates, nucleosides, enzyme substrates, natural products and biochemicals for life science research.
We are seeking a Synthetic Chemistry Team Leader to join our team based at our synthetic laboratories in Compton, Berkshire, UK.
The role will involve managing a small team of synthetic chemists. There are responsibilities across various stages of the development of organic chemistry, from route selection, risk assessment and custom manufacture. In addition you will be expected to take a leading role in regard to the practical lab work and administration.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong understanding of organic chemistry, experience in the synthesis of carbohydrates and/or nucleosides would be an advance
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience in an industry environment
- A proven history of reviewing and developing robust lab processes including modifying procedures to meet the process, cost and safety constraints.
- Management and troubleshooting experience of typical synthetic lab problems
- Enthusiasm and the desire to deliver on time and within specification
You are able to work within a team, be self-motivated, enthusiastic and work with the minimum of supervision, often under pressure to meet deadlines.
Competitive salary offered.
For further information or to apply, please enter your details below, or contact:
Please fill in your contact details and upload your CV and cover letter below,
or send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.